Pal Care Documentation
Documenting Important Conversations in COVID-19
- Serious illness conversations include discussions of serious news, goals of care, prognosis, and other conversations that we may frame as “family meetings.”
- The ACP Module provides a consistent, reliable place for other clinicians to find documentation of prior important conversations.
- Where do I find the ACP Module in EPIC?
- The ACP Module can be added to your left-sided tool-bar in a patient’s chart.
- To find and add the ACP Module to your left-sided tool-bar:
- Select More at the bottom of the screen
- Then click Rarely Used
- Then click Advanced Care Planning (click star feature at right to add to left-sided tool bar)
- You can also open the ACP Module by clicking the words “MOLST” or “No MOLST” at the top right of the patient’s open chart.
- How do I document a conversation in the ACP Module?
- Once ACP Module is open, click Serious Illness Conversation
- Then document in the module items relevant to your conversation (illness understanding, hopes, worries, prognosis, recommendations)
- You can check boxes or type free text in each section
- When you are done, click Close. This will save and store your work.
- How do I add the content I documented in the ACP Module to a note?
- Type the dot phrase: .ACPCONVERSATIONLAST …into your progress (or other) note.
- This will populate the most recent conversation documented in the ACP module.